We know this is a challenging time for parents and families all over the country, but Ten Little is here to help! We'll be collecting helpful resources, activities, classes, for kids, parents, and everyone in between. This will be a living destination, and we will be updating frequently!
If you have suggestions, or just want to tell us how you're doing, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - we'd love to hear from you!
Talking to your kids
It's challenging to process what is happening as adults - and even harder to explain what is happening to your kids. Here is one of our favorite resources to start the conversation:
Education & Online Learning
The kids might not be in school, but that doesn't mean learning has to stop! There are a number of apps, videos, and online courses to help keep your kids' minds growing.
- Starfall - For Pre-K to Grade 3, choose from tons of activities and games, on topics ranging from colors, to math, to reading.
- PBS Kids — Sign up for their weekly newsletter, check their website, or download their app for educational videos and games.
- Mystery Science — Short videos that inspire kids to ask questions - do animals laugh? where did pizza come from? - and hands-on science lessons for K through grade 5.
- National Geographic Kids — A website with games, animal facts and science experiments.
- Scholastic Learn at Home — Daily projects for kids in pre-K through grade 9.
- Kiwico - Choose from a range of educational and fun activities for kids ranging from 2-12+.
- Audible Books - parents & kids - Audible has opened up the vaults to parents and kids alike. Choose from thousands of stories and books to listen.
- Podcasts for Kids - NYT Parenting put together a collection of podcasts available for kids - from educational to storytime.
Ten Little Storytime - We curated read aloud stories from some of our favorite channels and made a playlist for you.
Mindfulness & Yoga
It's important to give kids the chance to slow down during this time. Try kids meditation or yoga.
- Super Stretch Yoga — An app that allows kids to learn yoga positions from animated characters.
- Cosmic Kids — A YouTube channel and app with videos on how to practice yoga and mindfulness
- Headspace for Kids — An app with meditations focused on kindness, relaxing before bedtime and starting the day.
Smiling Mind — An app with daily meditation and mindfulness exercises.
Music & Dancing
Get your little ones moving, active, and on their feet! Try out these resources to help them burn up some of that indoor energy.
- GoNoodle — Get the blood flowing with dozens of interactive, musical videos to choose from.
- Ten Little Dance Party Playlist - We created a Spotify playlist to keep the kids grooving and spontaneous dance party-ready.
- Ten Little Wiggle Time - Teach your toddlers the basics, with singalongs from Baby Shark to the Hokey Pokey.
- The Laurie Berkner Band — Meet the queen of singalongs and get your kids ready do dance their little hearts out.
- Jam with Jamie — Tune in for daily virtual birthay party livestreams. Expert tip: Request a shout out for your child in the comments!
Arts & Crafts
Let their inner artist come through.
- Pixel Art - Color by Number — A coloring app easy enough for young kids to do.
- Lunch Doodles With Mo Willems — Doodle with this renowned writer and illustrator as he posts YouTube drawing tutorials every few days.
Fun & Games!
Even more ways to keep the kids entertained.
- San Diego Zoo Livecams — Introduce your little ones to the animal kingdom or choose from dozens of livecams of animals in realtime to bring the wildlife to your living room.
- Cincinnati Zoo Livecams — Introduce your little ones to the animal kingdom or choose from dozens of livecams of animals in realtime to bring the wildlife to your living room.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Livecams — Explore coral reefs, sharks, otters and more!
- Union Square Play — Tune into to daily video classes with everything from dancing to Q&As. On-demand videos available, too.
- Toca On Demand — Create your own world and play out any story you like using their digital app.
- Sesame Street for Pre-School — Choose from plenty of Sesame Street games, activities and videos.